Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Beginning of a Journey

Hello! This is my first post if that was not obvious. I probably will not post very regularly until about mid-May when school ends and I begin to really prepare for this summer. My hope for the summer is that I can post every other day. I will try to remain faithful in this but no promises for I don't know how much time I will have on my hands. Up until mid-May, you can check back weekly. I will update on my growing excitement for this experience, financial goals, and what the Lord is teaching me as I spiritually prepare. I finished my support letter today and hope to have them sent by Wednesday morningish; Thursday might be more realistic though. For now, I shall give you the logistics that I have figured out thus far:
  • I will be driving to Snow Mountain Ranch. Aaron, the other SMR student from UNM, will be driving with me. Following SMR, I will make a trek to Iowa, Minnesota and Chicago to visit family. If I'm already 8 hours out I might as well finish the other 12 hours, right?
  • I am working as Conferences Personnel. I will be working with business groups and family reunions to make sure they have everything that they need and that their conference rooms are set up properly. If you want to schedule your family reunion at SMR this summer, I'll help you out... (I was not told by SMR to make sales pitches, sorry for that one)
  • I am a team member. There are two different positions within the "study" aspect of this experience: team member and team leader. I will most likely be in a group with two other team members and then a team leader who will be older than the team members. We will also be sharing a room.
  • It is guaranteed that I will be stretched in ways unimaginable this summer and because of that, I know I will grow. Because of the growth it will cause, the uncomfortable "stretching" will be well worth it.
  • I am so EXCITED!

Thanks for stopping by ya'll. I hope you stop by often to check up on prayer requests, updates and pictures. I will not have pictures up until I arrive on May 31st because I don't know about you but I wouldn't really care about pictures of suitcases and such.

Prayer Requests: 1) that the Lord continues to grow the Navigator group on campus and that those who aren't going to SMR would grow in their relationship with Christ exponentially this summer, 2) financial provisions are made by none but the Lord, 3) that the Lord would prepare my heart to be away from my family and church this summer for I will miss them terribly.

Thanks for caring ya'll. If you have any prayer requests or encouragement, feel free to leave such in the comments.

1 comment: