Saturday, April 18, 2009

Amidst Boxes and White Walls

I am sitting amidst a torn-apart room. All the nails have been pulled out of the walls. All pictures have been taken down. The one thing that remains to adorn these institution-like white walls is my calendar. Why you might ask? Well, I'm going to CHINA! Mom and Dad are taking me along with them to help with Grace, my five-year old sister. They will be dealing with a lot of paperwork not to mention our Baby Sarah so I am tagging along to help out and of course be their photographer. Am I worried or scared? This question did not even run across my mind until I was asked such things yesterday. To answer it honestly, no, I'm not scared. The Lord is our Protector. His will be done. As far as I have been informed, I will be spending most of the time we're there in my hotel room with Grace. Please lift up this trip in your prayers. Mostly, pray that Sarah adjusts well to Mom and Dad. She is simply given to them one of our first days there without an adjustment period or any such thing. Simply handed to my parents.

Before I leave for China, I have much to do. I must move out of my dorm room. I must pack. I must study the rest of the material for this semester and take all of my finals. I have two speeches to give. I have two papers to write. I am honestly overwhelmed looking at how much I have to do in so little time. My Father is continually teaching and He is causing me to cling to Him and Him alone. If I cling to myself or even those around me to get everything done, there is no way, no how it will all be completed. My Father is my sustenance and He will carry me through the next two weeks.

We leave May 2nd and Lord-willing, will return May 13th. This blog will temporarily become a blog for the China trip. Check back frequently for updates, pictures and to meet Sarah!

No comments:

Post a Comment