Sunday, May 3, 2009

Pictures of the Journey

4:30 am Albuquerque Airport

These are from the very beginning of our journey and that's how it shall be documented. As most of you know, I tend to overdocument my travels and this trip has not been an exception. So, bear with me as I do my best to choose pictures to share despite my being indecisive. Enjoy :)


Our plane in San Francisco that would take us to China. We flew out of gate 100 on a Boeing 777.


Grace watching some Little Hous on the Prairie to pass the time during the layover.


I sleep to pass the time.



Each seat had a TV screen which would track where we were and how far we had travelled. I was surprised we flew so far north. This as you can see is about halfway through. While we were over the Bering Sea, we looked out the window and were able to see the ocean frozen over. It was beautiful. The sun glinting off of it was so bright.


Mom, Dad, Grace. Grace was so mesmerized by the Disney Channel shows that were on her TV that I couldn't get a picture of her looking at me.


A little taste of China before we arrived. They even gave us chopsticks!
The following pictures provide you, the viewer, a guide of what to do on an eleven hour plane trip:


Watch shows on your little TV. Find humor in them so that you can maintain your sanity.


After laughing, watch Seven Pounds so that you can experience the full spectrum of emotions. Crying after laughing continues to maintain your sanity.


Read a book. I would suggest it have words--Mom's book did it just is washed out because I had to use some funny camera settings so that the pictures would actually show what was going on.


This is in customs waiting for our bags. We have arrived in BEIJING!!!


This is Grace's and my room at the Galactic Peace International Hotel in Nanchang, China. After about twenty two hours of travelling that bed was screaming my name. I slept hard!


And this is the picture you've all been waiting for. This is Baby Sarah! She is so precious. There will be more soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment