Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sweet Niblets!

Sweet niblets, we're here! We are in Nanchang, China! I have to make this quick because my laptop battery is going to die and we're not sure about plugging it in to charge.

It is about 8:30 am here making it about 6:30 pm in the States. Fun stuff! The eleven hour flight didn't kill me like I thought it might. I was fine. I get really antsy on the five hour Ecuador flight so I was expecting awful-ness for this flight but I was fine. I think it also helped that we were chasing the sun all night/day/morning that we were on the flight so it never seemed like we were flying at night.

I will have pictures up later this afternoon--for ya'll back home that'd be closer to midnight. We get Baby Sarah today at eleven. Grace isn't feeling so great--probably a lack of familiar environment and a lack of sleep. I'll hang out with her in the room while Mom and Dad get presents together, get ready and go get Sarah!!!!

Please pray that Grace feels better so that she can fully enjoy being here. Please pray that Sarah transitions well. Check back for pictures later.

2 comments:

  1. LAUREN! I am so happy you and your family got there safely! I hope everything goes according plan when you guys go and get your new baby sister! You all are in my prayers...

    -Chelsea

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, in New Mexico it's only 9:40 Sunday night...it's a little mind-bending to think that 11:00 Monday has come and gone for your family, and that Sarah Nian should be with all of you by now!

    Lauren, please let your folks know we thought of you all many times today, and sent prayers up too. When our morning comes we'll check out your photos first thing (here's praying that the laptop charge holds up!) Hope Grace is doing better and is enjoying her new role as "big sister."

    Celebrating with you halfway around the world, David and Karin H.

    ReplyDelete